Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hokkien Gang

I went sing karaoke today with few of my course mates…



Well, was puzzled all the while when hanging out with them because they communicate in hokkien while I’m still in the midst of learning hokkien…



No doubt I am the quietest person among them!!!



I learnt few hokkien words today!!! Like raining, umbrella, 4 ppl, laugh..



Yippie!!!





Hong and Kit




Well, I did try to speak sometimes.. But I mixed with some mandarin or some cantonese inside my hokkien sentence..

And I even create my own hokkien language…which makes all my friends burst into laughter… while I’m sitting there don’t know what the hell is going on...and I hate it the most when they talk they laugh and I don’t understand at all..




Chiew and Kit

They asked me, why I wanna learn hokkien?? Why must North Hokkien some more?

My answer---à so that next time when I go for my vacation in Penang, those Indian Penangnites who able to understand and speak fluent hokkien won’t tease and laugh at me anymore..



(I came across few incidents where people tease me just because I cant understand hokkien.. T_______T)



They would say something like..


Omg.. You are a Chinese and you can’t understand hokkien??


And followed by…


We are Indians also we can speak in hokkien leh..


which followed by…


HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA……

(Mm… maybe I should just fight back using hakka …added with some hakka foul language.. hahaha)



Okay.. I talked too much…








the 4 of us, with half of my face..

Hong singing love song to kit..

I always thought Hong is a very serious type of guy, which turns out totally opposite.. All of the sudden, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ seems to appearing in my mind now…


I forced Chiew to stand beside the 2012 board and let me snap her photo..






After finished singing, we headed back to condominium to fetch Hong’s gf for dinner..Which of course they start to talk in the car.. And I said something stupid…

“This is the first time I heard a couple talking in hokkien.”


And eventually people around me start to laugh… *faint*

5 comments:

RY Seow said...

si liao lor...
next time u'll talk better hokkien than me d.. hehe..

Cupid said...

haha.. when my hokkien better than u..then u can start to speak using scottish accent ..

RY Seow said...

sure mate... cheerio!

Hulls44 said...

hey,,,,u wan sleeping mask bo?
i planning buy d mask
trying d mask
wan o not wan o not
wanna think surprise oso hard...
diuuuuuu

Cupid said...

y? u wana give that as my present ar? anything la.. and i wan cake too.. last time u said u'll bake me 1..i wan 2 or 3 layers de