Monday, November 8, 2010

Europe trip- Day 1 ( London)

I went to visit RY in UK last July. It was my very first time going oversea, for that one week only. The old lady beside my seat in the plane was shocked when I told her that I’m going UK for only 1 week. As what she said, I traveled so far just for that one week. Indeed I do not have much time there, but I really do appreciate and enjoyed every moment there.

It had been one of the best moments in my life. Lots more to come!!! Feeling the cold weather, knowing and touching the old ancient buildings, seeing the artifacts and old paintings, learning their histories, tasting the food..

Every single thing.

After 10 plus hours of not so comfortable flight journey, I’ve reached Heathrow Airport. I’ve been thinking what kind of reaction should I give when I meet RY later. Pretending the movie scene like what couples usually do in the airport. Giving him tight hug? Kissing tenderly? Crying shouting I won’t let you leave me anymore!!

Instead, nothing happened. We felt so awkward. No, that bloody bastard didn’t give me a hug like what I thought he will do. We didn’t hold hands and of course no kissing. It was just really awkward and quiet, as if we just knew each other for the very first time or going for some sort of blind date.

Okay, let me refresh my memories a bit.

Then, we went to Astor Victoria Hostel which is located near Pimlico station. Of course, getting an Oyster card is a must, so that you can travel using the public transport in London. We were somehow lost while finding the hostel but it’s okay. It’s my pleasure to get lost in London. Hahah..





I’ve told him that I wana watch musical theater few months before I went over. After leaving my luggage, we went to London Palladium Theater to watch Sister Act. It was so wonderful and well played. The show was really well performed. The props, the moving theater, their songs..


One thing really silly, I feel strange being there. Only few Asians and others are whites or blacks. For the first time I feel that I am lost in other people’s world.




After the show, we went to walk around and hunt for food. It was a cold night and remarkable to see so many hot chicks wearing so sexy out there.



Double Decker!! Double Decker in London!!! Snap snap..






Night life in London is about beer, drinking and getting tipsy, that's what I think. There was this Gay Parade going on at that moment, as you can see, people wearing nothing but underwear and bras.



Dinner time!!!




Table Flower



We then chose a small Mediterranean restaurant. Food was quite a large portion compared to Malaysia’s. I think the waiter was quite surprised when the two of us ordered 1 set of dinner only.




I am writing this post and referring to Ry’s blog as well.. I didn’t know the names of the places and the memories were a bit vague. Haha.. we went to Westminster area, near River Thames.


Big Ben!!

London Eye

It was midnight, walking around while waiting for bus. Subway was closed already but bus service is for 24 hours.

Enjoying the night, feeling so secured and safe on the road. I don’t have to fear whether there is anyone coming near me to snatch my bag. Or people threatening to kill you or hurt you if you don’t give them money.





It was a joyride in a red Double Decker bus going back to hostel.


the end for first day..



p/s: sorry for my poor grammar..
Photobucket